Ideal Cases to Structure
Structures can be tailored in many different styles but are ideally suited for the following situations:
- Where the Claimant requires continuing future medical expenses.
- When the Claimant is temporarily or permanently disabled.
- For the Claimant or his/her dependents require replacement for lost future income.
- Where the Claimant requires a secure lifetime tax-free income.
- For Claimants who are generally uncomfortable with managing money.
- For those Claimants who have not yet attained the age of majority.
(A Structured Settlement in a minor’s case will alleviate the requirement to establish a guardianship account.)
- For Claimants involved in workers’ compensation disability and fatality claims.
- For those Claimants who are severely injured or mentally incompetent.
- For wrongful death cases when the surviving spouse and/or children require monthly/annual income.
- Where the Claimant requires an OBRA complying Special Needs Trust or a Medicare Set-Aside Trust.